Château de Détilly – 18, rue des Fromentaux, 37420 Beaumont-en-Véron
Getting here by car:
We show up easily on GPS systems / Google Maps.
- From the north (Bourgueil / A85 motorway): Château de Détilly is 7 km from the n° 5 “Bourgueil” exit on the A85 motorway linking Tours (45 minutes away and on A10 motorway between Paris and Bordeaux, also TGV, minor airport) to Angers (TGV) and Nantes (TGV, major airport).
From there, follow the signs to Avoine (D749) until you have crossed the Loire and passed a first roundabout. At the second roundabout (5.5 km) turn off the main road to the right, following the (very small) sign to Détilly. Continue for approx. 1.5 km through several intersections until you reach the hamlet of Détilly. The (unmarked) entrance gate to the Château will be on your right.
- From the south-east (Chinon): from the centre of town, follow the signs to Angers (A85) on the D749, along the north bank of the Vienne river. Continue through a very large first roundabout until you come to Beaumont-en-Véron and a second roundabout (around 5.5 km). Turn left towards La Roche Honneur and follow the road towards the west, around some bends and through some small intersections. After approx. 1.5 km you will see the park and (unmarked) entrance gate to the Château right in front of you.
- The main gate remains closed at all times, so it is best if you ring us shortly before arriving so that we can open it for you, in case we are not close to the intercom. There are plenty of parking spaces inside the park where your vehicule should be safe since it is totally enclosed. There is one reserved space next to the Coach-house for guests staying there.
Getting here by train/plane:
- Château de Détilly is easily accessible by train. Visitors travelling from Paris should catch the TGV to Tours (just under one hour), then the local TER train to Port-Boulet (generally around 30 minutes), or alternately to Chinon although the service is less good (50 minutes minimum). Both stations are only a few minutes away from Château de Détilly by car.
- Other possibilities are to Angers (TGV) or Nantes (TGV or airport). In all cases we do recommend that you arrange a car so you can explore our beautiful Loire valley region and all its sights more easily.